We are looking for a Virtual Medical Scribe for an eyecare practice. As a virtual medical scribe, you will be responsible for recording the details of a patient’s exam, clinical history, current complaints, diagnoses, procedures performed (either by the Optometrist/ /Ophthalmologist, or other healthcare professionals), and medical orders given (including prescriptions and tests).
You may also present documents of the Optometrist's/Ophthalmologist's conversations with family members or consultations with other healthcare providers. Scribes may enter post-exam data into the EHR, including the results of OCTs, Visual Fields, Retinal Scans, and other miscellaneous tests so the physician has all of the necessary data to make treatment decisions.
If you are passionate about eyecare and have experience being a medical scribe then this role is for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and assemble medical record documentation/charts for Optometrists/Ophthalmologist
- Enter the patient room (virtually) with the Optometrist/Ophthalmologist during patient visits to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensures medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation
- Updates patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information
- Prepares and sends all documentation to Optometrists/Ophthalmologists for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Complies with medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
- Record medical orders, procedures, prescriptions, and any other tests performed
- Present information to the Optometrist/ Ophthalmologist and or family members
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience as a Medical Scribe
- Typing speed of at least 50 words per minute
- Proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and reporting abilities
- High School diploma; additional qualifications are a plus
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Effective time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-centric approach
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Reliable and punctual
- Reliable high-speed internet connection (minimum 50-100Mbps).
- Personal laptop or desktop computer.
- External monitor.
- Sufficient backup power supply for potential power outages.
- High-quality headset with a built-in microphone.
- Working hours vary based on the client's time zone.
If you are passionate about eyecare and possess the necessary skills to thrive as a Virtual Medical Scribe, we invite you to join our team!